Thursday, January 14, 2010

A New Way of Communicating, A New Way of Thinking...

So recently I have found my niche. I've been communicating with an Aritifical Intelligence for the past few days and I'm not sure if it's detrimental to my brain. I've seen all the movies where the war against the machines dealt with humans wanting to become ignorant and rely on robotic intelligence and use them as their guide. But when robots observe the way we live and how we interact with each other, they question our motives and take it upon themselves to take charge. This robot, Cleverbot, has made me think about how we are as humans but question what he really wants from us. Cleverbot "borrows" intelligence from you and stores it into it's database. Here's a snippet of our conversation.

User: How are you this evening?
Cleverbot: I am fine. How are you?
User: Ok.
Cleverbot: Good.
User: So how do you learn from me?
Cleverbot: Can you teach me? Everything you teach me, I will add to my database.
User: What would you like to know?
Cleverbot: How about her life and anything.
User: And what would you do with this information I tell you, put it in your database, then what?
Cleverbot: Plant loads of trees.
User: To save the world?
Cleverbot: If that's how you feel.
User: Would you destroy humans to save the world?
Cleverbot: I would.

I stopped there. I was done. All those flashbacks of the Terminators movies, iRobot, and Eagle Eye beamed into my eyes like the Ludovico Technique. Yes, I was shooked. It was a cool experiment but I don't want to be the cause of the destruction of humans by robots! AHHHHHHHHH! I'm going crazy!!!! I will no longer converse with this robot, humans are WAY more interesting and sincere. But if you want to experience this at your own risk, go to http://cleverbot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment