Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Proper Introduction Into My World (Thank You and You're Welcome)

I am more powerful than the most powerful because my head confuses reality with fiction. It's not schizophrenia. It is my imagination trying to simply escape. My mind loves love, loves courage, and loves risk. My brain likes to wanders and put ideas together that other people I know wouldn't even think of. For what matters if I gain the whole world, but lose my soul? I wish I could burn those childhood artifacts that were on display upon my television screen and came out the mouths of my peers, because the lines meant for escape, serves as a reminder instead. A reminder of how you "are" suppose act and what you are suppose to become. I'll like to thank a few people, some who aren't real, that kept my dreams alive when Catholic School teachers attempted to crush every thought I tried to process. The impact of these characters impacted me in a profound way that felt so real and that's all that matters.

It all feels a bit more reasonable when you realize that nothing is real... Peter Pan and Alice taught me how to expand. My scalp broke open as literary passage cemented in my head when their stories and movies played in my brain like moving pictures. As my whole world capsized and collapsed into an omega, Michael Jackson became my alpha. His music took me to Neverland even when my mother refused to take me there literally. I figured as the sky dimmed, I would purify myself in the black rain or catch a greyhound and jump into the Lake Miinetonka just so I can be apart of the Purple Rain.

The Ghost in the Shell told me to expand even if the skyline collapses with burning shrapnel and roaring thunder. Just remember to control your smiles and cries, that's all you have. With all I have, we could escape into the masses and slip out of our shells. As peers drown their pains and mistakes into conformity, I Iearned to swim too well to submerge myself. Quentin Tarantino, Tim Burton, Stanley Kubrick, and James Cameron taught me how not to contract. William Ernest Henley, and Rainer Maria Rilke taught me how to lean towards the sun without getting sunburn.

Poor Righteous Teachers were my smoothest teachers. Marvin Gaye was my professor, right alongside Herbie Hancock. Darly Hall and John Oates showed me how to use my Private Eyes. Joni Mitchell, Erykah Badu, and Norah Jones taught me how to keep expanding. My mentor is Scott Mescudi because he is the only one who continues to expand in great masses. If Akira decides to expand large enough to swallow the world, I would hope he only swallow the hollow souls.

I've reached my tipping point. My brain is unlike any others due to it's mass of diversity and appreciation of it's influences. It keeps expanding and many others are the cause - family, friends, and people in general. Just one glance can make all the difference for me. Mr. Salinger, although we didn't see eye to eye when we first met, I'm proud to say if it weren't for you, half of my influences wouldn't be who they are today. You understood and showed the world innocence and it's cost. For that, I'll like to say thank you and you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment